Friday, August 18, 2006

Update on A Pastor's Evangelism

Thabiti Anyabwile at Pure Church has an Update on A Pastor's Evangelism. I've appreciated his encouragement for further growth in my life in this area. I hope you feel the same way.

On the whole, I'm thankful to the Lord for the grace He has shown me. I'm not there yet, much ground to cover and much grace needed. But here's the progress so far:

1. In the last week and a half I've had extended conversations about the gospel with three different persons. Two of those persons have agreed to meet with me regularly to continue our discussions and to think about how the gospel applies to some issues they're facing.
2. I've been able to complete about 5 or 6 "reverse membership interviews" since settling into the office. And I've been greatly encouraged to do the work of an evangelist as I've heard the wonderful and diverse ways the Lord has worked to bring people to Himself.
3. Thanks to my most able and gracious helpmeet, we now have a dinner appointment with the neighbor for next weekend. Should be an interesting conversation. She seems to be a kind lady--describes herself as Catholic but "likes to bounce around to different churches" (including FBC). Looking forward to the time together. Thanks Kristie!
4. I've found two very competent barbers. Only one professes to not be a Christian. He's also one of the persons with whom I've had good evangelistic conversation. Praying the Lord gives us a continuing relationship and the fruit of conversion.


Read on for how you can continue to pray for Thabiti.

No comments: